Over time, I will be adding various other products which I believe to be of benefit to my readers. Whether they are of an educational nature or products which help us to live with as few toxins as possible, I will personally trial each product before considering adding it to the range.
I recently did a product review for EnviroBlox, a USA patented high amylase corn starch formulation, which creates a water soluble, compressible, and resilient activity/modeling compound that is non-toxic. EnviroBlox are easy, mess-free fun. Made in the USA, EnviroBlox is a totally GREEN Environmentally Friendly product.
EnviroBlox is a hybrid between traditional modeling compounds and plastic building bricks. They combine benefits of structured building with free form modeling, a building block that not only lets you decide the shape of what you build, but even let’s you determine the shape of the block. They can be cut, flattened, stamped and twisted to create a basic play pattern or a world of advanced building ideas.
EnviroBlox are a safe and fun construction toy. No glue or magnets needed, simply moisten the blocks by touching them to a moistened sponge and they stick together like MAGIC. Instant hold, no tape or glue needed.
EnviroBlox dissolve in running water like ice. No need to throw them in the bin. They can even be added to the compost pile for a truly green disposal.
EnviroBlox is a toy every mother can love…even Mother Earth!
Key feature and benefits are:
- Dr. Toy Best Green Product 2009
- Environmentally Friendly – made from corn starch “a very GREEN toy!”
- Safe – no paint or plastics of any kind used (only food dye colorants)
- Really Safe- safe enough to grow seeds in EnviroBLOX
- Bonus tool(s) made in USA of compostable bio-resin
- Simply moisten (with water) and watch the eBLOX stick together like magic
- Cut’em, flattn’em, stamp’em, twist’em for advanced building
- Mess free fun and easy clean up with water
- Dissolve in running water like ice or compost for truly green disposal
Build a rampaging tyrannosaurus rex, a country cottage, a menacing tarantula, graceful stallion, and more. Build big, build tiny …you pick the scale.
To read more about these products, click here.
ORGANIC BABY SKINCARE RANGE – LITTLE INNOSCENTS
Anyone who is trying – as we are – to minimise toxins in the home, could benefit from trying these products.
Absolutely stunning scents, this range of organic baby skincare is:
- 100% Natural
- pH balanced
- Eczema, Psoriasis, Dermatitis, sensitive & dry skin friendly
- not tested on animals
- Developed by Antonette Golikidis, an Australian mum and healthcare professional
They’re even packaged in containers made from 100% recycled materials. To read more about this wonderful range, click here
BOOMERANGBALL – EDUCATIONAL TOY.
This simple toy is a pvc soccer ball attached to a length of elastic which attaches to a belt which can be worn around the waist. The Boomerang Ball provides children, parents & teachers alike with a single product to help build confidence and competence in sports and in life and is used as a training aid for many sports.
The following is an independent Review of the Boomerang Ball, by Annie Lewis BAppScOT (Bachelor of Applied Science in Occupational Therapy)
The child under three years is developing a range of skills which include:
- Eye hand coordination
- Eye foot coordination
- Bilateral coordination (using 2 sides of the body together)
- Spatial awareness
- Motor planning
Parents can provide a wide range of activities, toys and tools which motivate children to try new movements and practise skills. This gives opportunity for enhanced development in movement, perception and sensation.
The Boomerangball is ideal to get your child moving. It can be used in a huge variety of ways to challenge and motivate your child. Try hanging the ball at ground level and then vary heights as your child spends less time crawling and sitting and more time on his/her feet. As your child grows and develops, change to having your child wear the belt around the waist for a more advanced application.
Use the Boomerangball for your one year old child to:
- chase along the ground
- bend and pick up the ball
- roll the ball
- fling the ball with two hands
- begin to walk along holding the ball
- bat the hanging ball with either hand
Use the Boomerangball for your 18 month old to:
- kick the ball along the floor
- move forwards and to the sides when chasing the ball
- squat down to pick up the ball and return to standing
- toss the ball
Use the Boomerangball for your 2 year old to:
- Refine balance required to stand on one foot to kick the ball
- Begin to catch the ball against the chest
- Throw the ball
Use the Boomerangball for your 3 year old to:
- Bounce the ball on the ground in front so it returns
- Catch the ball with elbows bent in front of the body
- Continue kicking with either foot and anticipate the ball’s return
Use the Boomerangball for your 4 year old to:
- Refine technique when throwing and catching, bouncing to the ground in front
- Refine kicking and controlling the ball’s return
Use the Boomerangball for your 5+ year old to:
- Increase both left and right body side (both hands & Feet) reaction time, Balance, coordination, Reflexes, concentration.
- Improve spatial awareness through movement towards & away from the Boomerangball when thrown or kicked.
- Practice for all ball sports activities & all martial arts
- Increase Muscle fitness and general body tone through activity and movement
- Increase cardiovascular fitness through activity and movement
NB: Children should be constantly supervised when using the ball due to risk of entanglement in the belt or elastic.
Annie Lewis BAppScOT (Bachelor of Applied Science in Occupational Therapy)
Pediatric Care Coordinator
Care in Context
Better Living Better Health
246 Clayton Road
See Products page for price and to order your Boomerangball.
You can read more about the Boomerangball here: www.boomerangball.com.au